Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I miss Aberrant....

Many eons ago in 2000, I did a bunch of little vignette styled pieces for the super powers in the Aberrant Player's Guide. This was my first real Aberrant assignment....I did some headshots from Worldwide Phase 2, but those were "fill in" type pieces.

The whole idea behind the pieces was that they weren't scenes as much as just quick glimpses of what that particular power did. The one to the left was super strength or something like that. I kept it simple...super hero lifting giant rock. I think I used my own character, "Liquidizer" for this one (his "heat vision" type power basically reduces people to a puddle of glue and bones).

Using your "own" heroes was also fun. I do not like "iconic" characters in RPGs. Why? Because over time you get several different versions of the character and half the time they don't look right. For this assignment, I used guys I'd had in my sketchbook for eons (make sure they are characters you don't really care about as they'll become the property of whomever you do the work for).

My only real regret on this assignment was not doing any grayscale shading in it. Instead, a crapload of black and tick lines out the wazoo. Still, I hope to revisit these pieces again one day...clean up the line work and slap some color on there. 

Fun Fact: Chinese Donuts are better hot than cold.
Another Fun Fact: I probably watch the Big Bang Theory waaaaay too often for my own good.

Stay tuned as I'll be posting up some revisions to my sketch for the unnamed rpg project I'm working on. Today, I work out the particulars of the perspective...then hopefully tonight start the pencilling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment