Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Sketchening Extended Director's Cut....

I was flipping through one of my old sketchbooks today and I found this.  This was for some sort of free pdf Warhammer fan magazine from back around 2003-2005. As with any sort of "fan" publication, it imploded before the first issue went into layout (I know as I was also doing the layout).

I think after things imploded I added the pentagram. Kinda cheesy...just like every t-shirt design ever created for Motley Crue (feel free to insert the name of any hair metal band if you happen to be a big fan of the Crue...and I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you).

Thinking about reworking the piece now into a more Warhammery/Mordheimish page element of some sort. Maybe one day, I'll get to layout an RPG book that is based on Fahfrd & the Grey Mouser (FYI...I can draw the shit out of Faf and Mouse).

Fun Fact: I have a ton of sketchbooks with only 10 pages of sketches in each.
Another Fun Fact: Most of those sketches are of human faces.

Stay tuned as I try to find my sketch of "Rob Liefeld Draws Dickbutt"....although, I'm thinking about doing up my version of Dickbutt now.

No comments:

Post a Comment