Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Daily Doodle(s)

Today's doodle comes from a sketch I did back in 2001 after watching the House on Haunted Hill. Most of my illustration work is inspired in one way or another by film and television. I have always prefered pieces that had a cinematic quality to them rather than something that looks static or posed. As a consequence, I've always preferred to given the source text for the pieces I do as opposed to having a specific scene. A specific scene leaves no room for interpretation and you are limited in your options for the piece. 

Is a collection of pencil sketch, concept pieces I did back in January. I drew a happy apple, an ecstatic popsicle, and an exhuberant creamsicle. Also pictured was a cutesy little marshmallow guy in a beanie that has a problem with law enforcement. And lastly, a generic style henchman illustration for a cartoony card game that has evil scientists and doomsday devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment