Friday, September 28, 2012

More artsy, less fartsy!

Yeah. It's another version of Bobby Hill vs Evil. Long story short, they wanted some tweaks to the piece...which required me to break out the lightbox and fix things up. This time, I experimented adding the "tick" marks in with photoshop so they'd have a nice uniform look to them. I also added some texture lines to the lampshade trim.

This weekend, I plan to add color. Same color scheme as the previous versions...although I might add some additional shading .

To the right is my map of Blackgate Prison. No it isn't a map for an RPG campaign or a miniature terrain project. This is a topdown map of my Killing Floor map I started designing back in 2010. I put the finishing touches on the map here and there over the last couple of months.

It is sort of like the Horzine building map where it sort of connects to the underground lab level. This map you actually have three different sections that are basically their own map (although you'll see snippets of the other maps in the "window box" areas around the edge of the map. Odds are, I'll end up just putting it together in UDK as the KF SDK is really clunky (using Unreal 2004 is like me laying out a book using paste up boards and an exacto knife...doable but torturous). But I keep drifting back to the idea of using the KF SDK simply because it would give me an actual functioning level.

I have another map I started back in October of 2010...but I can't show it until I make some serious alterations to it for "reasons".

No comments:

Post a Comment