Monday, September 3, 2012

Penciling pt 3 or a Doodle A Day pt 3

Today's doodle was a practice in one of my weaker artistic areas....drawing architecture. I've always had trouble with either adding too much detail or not enough. This piece here, is closer to what I am going for...although looking at it now, I can see a few places I think I need to make some tweaks.

The piece itself is a Romanian castle. I've actually drawn this castle several times for Dark Ages Vampire...once in Under the Black Cross, Devil's Due, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. The actual location is Bran Castle, although I took several liberties with the landscape (mainly the mountains.

Fun Fact: I watched Forbidden Planet this morning and I had forgotten what utter horn-dogs the crew of Leslie Nielsen's spaceship were. Seriously...they were eyebanging Alterra from the second she walked into the room.

Other Fun Fact: The effects for Forbidden Planet are far superior to the effects in Logan's Run.

Now back to penciling my paying gig piece. I have to be 2/5 done with it by end of day today to stay on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment